BEAUTY BY ELIZABETH FAYE

......


August 1, 2014

Fashion Friday Beach Waves Tutorial

Well hello, Happy Friday! I am sharing this one with you from inside of my tiny Volkswagon Rabbit...I am crammed in the car because the rest of the car is stuffed with Ikea boxes (ahhhhhhh) and I am in the front seat blogging away. Anyways this is one of my "go-to" looks and it really works great with any type of hair! Thin, thick, short and long hair. So enjoy! 

 I’m back with another "Fashion Friday" with Cassidy Miller. Cassidy is an amazing lifestyle photographer and the mommy of three beautiful girls. She just had a baby and is seriously looking amazing already. We are teaming up together to share some great hair tutorials and to show off some classy, modest and trendy/post baby fashion. To see more of the Fashion Friday looks, photography, and darling babies, check out her blog

This time I am sharing with you one of my favorite ways to curl my own hair. This is really easy but there are just a couple Important steps that really make this a "beachy curl". I promise that anyone can do this. Here we go...






1. Grab your section of hair & start your curl at the very top. Begin by curling away from your face.

2. Losen your grip on the iron and roll out to about the middle of the section of hair and roll back in (the ends will be hanging out).

3. Repeat step 2 til you are almost to the end of the hair section. Typically 1-2 two more times is about right for medium-to long hair. (I like to leave the ends uncurled on some sections to give a "beachy" effect).

4. Untwist the curl without unclamping your iron, when completely untwisted then unclamp. You will be twisting your hand/wrist in a circle motion. (This one is IMPORTANT!)

5. Repeat this throughout the entire head. In the front sections I typically curl all the hair away from my face and start to rotate the directions once behind my ears. 

6. Once you have curled all your hair and all the curls have cooled, go ahead and hair spray all of your hair. Then run your fingers through your hair as if you were "cat clawing" your curls. This will loosen your curls and marry them together in a very natural way. Then spray again.  

7. Take a picture and tag me on  because it will totally make my day, more like week! @beautybyelizabethfaye #BFLbeachwaves


Outfit Details// Skirt, shirt, necklace from Blue Linen Boutique


1. A curling Iron with a clamp. I prefer to do these curls with any curling iron in between the sizes of a  1 inch and up to a  1  3/4th inch.  A smaller iron gives a really pretty "dread like" wave if you leave the ends out a little bit and take smaller sections. On the other hand a bigger iron creates a beautiful loose wave. Just play around and see what you prefer. I personally prefer a smaller iron because the curls will drop when you run your hands through them and because my hair doesn’t hold a curl well. Plus I really really love the look of smaller sections and a smaller iron too! 

2. Hairspray or a texture spray. Texture spray is a great way to dirty this wave up. Makes your hair feel a little bit gritty but really gives your a hair the perfect amount of mess. I often will spray texture spray on my curls after I am done, then scrounge my hair. 




These are some great examples of what these curls can look like. 
All of theses are done with an Iron between the size of 1 inch and 1 3/4th inch.
All the cuts, colors and styles below are done by me. 






 photo elizsig3_zps8581c691.jpg




Share/Bookmark

-->

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design